Thanks to my buddy Mark for agreeing to write this post. He's going to be contributing a lot more to MP about his experiences in Asia so hopefully you guys are able to learn a lot from this guy!
If you're visiting Tokyo, Japan then if
If you're looking to lay with some Japanese women then look no further. In this article we'll go over best places to find them - what regions, bars, and clubs to check out to meet some of the beautiful natives.
First, some advice about the trickiness of identifying a Japanese woman's age:
If she looks twenty-three, she's sixteen.
If she looks sixteen, she's twenty-seven.
If she looks twenty-seven, she's probably over forty.
I did not come up with this (though it's definitely true). I read something very similar to this. If you are the author of this please let me know and I will happily provide credit.
With that in mind, be on the look out and memorize those 3 lines about her age!
Best Method to meet Girls in Tokyo: Japan Cupid
In case you didn't know, MP is already a huge fan of a network of sites used by CupidMedia. They're all over the globe, and he personally has more experience with them in Latin America. However, I found that Japan Media is also a great place to meet some chicks.
They also tend to be on the younger side so you don't have to be as concerned about the age trap (but still be a little careful). They are fun, young Japanese girls who you'll want to meet very quickly.
These girls tend to be very into foreign guys, have better English and are very willing to meet up and have a good time. Seriously easy if you're looking for a quick bang, and you can queue up your girls ahead of time to start planning dates and hook ups.
If you're looking to get ahead and make the most out of your trip to Japan (yes that includes Tokyo!) then you'll want to check out this FREE dating site:
Best Place for Beginners: Roppongi
Roppongi is definitely one of the best places to start if you're new to Tokyo and is looking for a quick bang with some Japanese girls who love foreign guys. Seriously, if it feels like these chicks are craving some foreign dick it's because they are.
The Roppongi district is great for beginners because the girls here typically know a decent amount of English so you don't need Japanese and you'll get some pretty high success here. With that said, it's not perfect. You'll see a lot of average looking girls - there aren't too many 8's or 9's but at least it's a good place to get your campaign started.
Unfortunately, because Roppongi is such a popular place for travelers to go it can be a bit of a trap. Some girls are real girls while others might require some cash so keep an eye out. If they are too easy then they're probably looking for some cash.
The clubs are pretty consistent with Roppongi as a district - light, casual, and a lot of fun for foreign guys. Jumanji is my personal favorite, but it may not be for everyone.
- Jumanji (pretty affordable, goes on all night)
- Greenland (low budget all night)
- Feria (high budget)
- V2 (keep partying all night)
V2 is another one of my favorite places. It’s a very Japanese scene with a lot of young professional type of girls and a even the guys tend to be on the younger side and very businessy. Best thing is, everyone is trying to hook up when it gets later at night (4-5 AM).
Seriously, the party doesn't stop at this club. Between 3-4 AM a new wave of girls will come in after they finish work and are looking for a ton of fun. It's not as foreign friendly as some other places (where they treat you almost like a celebrity), but it's still easy enough to hook up with some chicks. Spend some cash on some decent alcohol, make funny little jokes that Japanese girls like and they're basically yours.
Personally, I like going to the bars more than the clubs. I can drink a shit ton and it's better priced than the clubs. When there's more liquor Japanese girls open up a LOT more since they're normally pretty shy.
Once they open up and you can get them talking it's pretty easy from there.
- Hub– One of the best bars in the city. Decently priced.
Ropongi'smain strip between the Hard Rock Cafe anWendy's, the Hub is a great place to meet women. Typically, there are a lot more Japanese women than dudes here so the are definitely a lot of prospects. If you're good with younger women early 20's to 30's then this is a great spot for a fellow foreigner who can't speak Japanese because the girls here have pretty good English.
There are so many women here it's pretty hard to NOT mention the hub. Sometimes groups of girls will get jealous if your party isn't talking to them. In fact, I use this as one of my favorite strategies.
Pick out the best looking group, ignore them for a little bit, and by the end of the night, there will be plenty of sexual tension. Trust me. It sounds pretty lame, but it works a lot better with Japanese girls than American girls. In place normally chill and laid back, you'll definitely want to use this strategy.
- Bar Quest - With no entry charge and pretty affordable you can always expect a good time here
- A971 - This bar is a little pricier than the other 2. Expect more professionals rather than the casual partiers
- Gaspanic - there's some decent girls here, but it seems like it's just the same girls who consistently come. Great for people new to Tokyo, but it gets boring after coming back three or four times.
You wouldn't think about this, but coffee shops are actually a great place to meet some women. It's really easy to just go up to talk to someone while you're waiting in line and for your coffee. I also thought the girls at coffee shops were overall pretty cute.
You can just
Shibuya is one of the best known places in Japan and has even been featured in movies such as Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift. There's a bunch of other movies, but this one is the first one that comes to mind.
With that in mind, Shibuya is a pretty trendy place, but is a little more Japanese than Roppongi. Despite this, it's one of the best places in the world to meeting Asian girls. The japanese women here love their blonde hair, and you'll also find they can speak English pretty well in their fashionable clothing (though their tight skirts are my FAVORITE thing about them).
Like I said, it's a pretty trendy place here, so if you're looking for older women or for a serious relationship this place isn't really for you. Some noteworthy night clubs to check out:
- Harlem (come early for a cheaper party)
- Camelot (cheaper if you come early)
- Vision (more on the pricey side)
I'll admit, I didn't spend too much time here, so this section is really more about the research I have done and from talking with a couple of buddies. Shinjuku is supposed to be a pretty fun place in Tokyo, so if you're looking to party then look no further.
- Club Axciss (my buddy says this place is okay, but it's cheaper than other places)
- Gatsby House (requires a decent budget. Makes sense if you ever read the book The Great Gatsby)
- Coins Bar. The drinks here are pretty cheap - 3-4 bucks, but often times you'll get a small cover charge. Really chill place that has a great screen to watch some activities. My buddy also really likes their occasional hip hop nights -and SWEARS that Japanese girls are down on these nights, but we can't say conclusively that they are. Fun place to be with cool people makes out for a great night.
Meet Girls in Tokyo: Day Pimping
We covered some great night areas of Japan, but so far we have yet to cover some places to get your day game on. After all, what else are you supposed to do during the day?
Women in Tokyo love confident guys who can approach them. They're typically pretty passive themselves so they want a guy who can take charge. This is especially true during the day.
While not all girls are approachable, those who are tend to be pretty down to go get a drink later at night. Be sure to close on them quickly. They are pretty shy and even if they know English there's a good chance they'll lie about not knowing any because they may be ashamed.
Just engage in a quick conversation with them and just tell them meet you later for drinks. Get her contact info and you're good. Don't have long conversations. It'll make them uneasy.
Yogoi Park is honestly my favorite place to go and is ideal for a date or meeting in Shibuya and Shinjuku since a lot of girls spend time here on their down time. It's packed with tons of different people - especially when it's a beautiful day outside so it's another great place to go hunting.
Some other good places include:
- Omotosendo (Classy girls come here. Sometimes a little more stuck up and less approachable, but more 8's and 9's)
- Asakusa (This is a classic tourist stop for all travelers. It's definitely worth visiting and you'll meet a bunch of of other tourists. I actually hooked up with another girl traveling from the states. Not exactly what I was craving, but when it's just laying there for you to grab it you gotta take it.
- Shinjuku (Very fashionable place to go shopping. You'll see a lot of young women here who are more approachable than at Omotosendo. What else do you expect from the busiest train station?
- Harajuku - Cosplay Capital of the world. Need I say more?
- Onsen - Onsen is a hot spring and an awesome place to relax and just casually talk to some women. You won't have a high success rate here, but you don't need one to enjoy the atmosphere here. It's a great place if you're looking for a detox and the women here are are good looking - tons of 7's, 8's, and 9's.
They're approachable in a friendly manner, but not easy to close on, but they typically have pretty good English so if you hit it off you might have found a new girl to grab a few drinks with.
- Shibuya (There's a great mix of girls in Japan here, but they are mostly on the younger side)
Easy Guide to Japanese Women
The culture in Japan is definitely pretty different from wherever the hell you're from. When you meet a girl in Tokyo (or all of Japan for that matter) outside of the bar and club scene invite her to hang out with you all night (if you're looking for a bang).
Sometimes they require a little more coaxing and flirting. Be cutesy about it, but not overly sexual because that shit doesn't fly too well in Japan. Girls here are on the shyer side and they're not always comfortable speaking English so they may lie about not knowing any.
If they do know English expect a thick accent. Since there is a language barrier just smile a lot, nod your head, and try to look more cute than sexy. Finally, tattoos are kind of taboo here so cover them up unless you're really looking for a naughty girl. Some clubs won't let you in if you have one, so always be prepared to cover them up if you have any.
Now that we have that out of the way...
5 Step Bang Formula
1. Find some bars to go to. Parties start late at around 11-12 PM and can go on all night (the Japanese party hard) and may even go on til the morning when the trains start going again. Stay til the end and if you haven't picked up a chick yet, well don't fret it.
There's always some stragglers at the end looking to get some action, so hang in there and take your pick.
2. Find a club (look in the different regions for a club) and just go after you have a few rounds at the bar. You'll have an easy time if you're White because they treat you like a celebrity, but Latino guys can have really good success too. If you're a black dude it's not too bad for you either - you just have to be a little more picky about where you go such as some rap / hip-hop clubs.
3. Have a few drinks and have a good time. Approach and enjoy some good conversation. If a Japanese girl is touching you (even very slightly) it's a pretty good sign that she's into you. Now, it's time.
4. Start kissing her and invite her to get out of there. At this
5. Once you have her in your room it's practically done. There's no
They're not as curvy as we like them, but what they don't have
Yes, it's that easy. You don't need a ton of game as a foreigner in Japan. There are a ton of guys who clearly don't get action in the states, but they'll hit it off in Japan because of their glorious white (or even brown/black) skin.
Meeting Girls in Tokyo: Wrapping up
If you're planning a trip to Japan then hopefully this little guide on Tokyo helped you out if you want to meet women in Tokyo. There's a couple of key areas that we talked about, but again if it's your first time you really need to check out Roppongi if you're not already using JapanCupid.
Keep in mind there are distinct differences between American culture and Japanese culture - and we're not just talking about the food, sex dolls, and cuddle stations. Be confident, but not too sexual. Japanese women are shy creatures, but if you stick to our area guide and our 5 step method you can't really go wrong.